1. Connecticut Housing Investment Fund “CHIF”
Residential Energy Efficiency Financing Program
- Save Energy and Money by Improving Your Home’s Energy Efficiency – Finance at 0% – 6.99%
- Making your home more weather tight with improved insulation, windows, upgrading to ENERGY STAR® heating and cooling systems, improving the efficiency of your hot water equipment – all of these improvements and more will assist you to reduce your energy consumption and can lower your utility bills.
- CHIF can help you finance these improvements with low interest loans made possible through sponsorship by the Connecticut Energy Efficiency Fund in partnership with the Connecticut Light and Power Company (CL&P), the United Illuminating Company (UI), Yankee Gas Services Company, Southern Connecticut Gas Corporation, and Connecticut Natural Gas Company. Loans may be for $1,000 to $25,000 and funding will be used for conducting qualified improvements/equipment replacements. Non-listed work directly related and necessary to the installation of the listed qualifying measures may be financed along with the qualifying measure at the applicable interest rate – (capped at 20% of the total loan amount).
2. CT Energyloan
Low Rate Loans for Energy-Efficient Heating Systems
If you are a residential customer of Connecticut Light & Power (CL&P) or The United Illuminating Company (UI), you may be eligible for a low-interest loan to purchase and install an energy efficient heating system.
- 2.99% APR financing For Residential Heating Equipment Upgrades or Conversions
- Loans up to $15,000
- Installments on your loan will be billed conveniently on your monthly electric bill
- Low monthly payments on loan terms from 3 to 10 years which will result in a monthly payment equal to or less than your projected monthly energy savings
- Up to 90% of the heating system equipment and installation may be financed depending on projected energy savings – the greater the savings, the lower the down payment